It can be challenging to make sure that you get the proper balance of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, and calories while following a ketogenic or low-carb diet. We have created a simple meal planner to help you keep track of your food intake throughout the day or plan out future meals in advance. The Ketogenic Diet Meal Planner helps you:
- Keep track of macronutrients such as grams of Fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates for a given meal or for an entire day.
- Ensure that you maintain the proper balance between the aforementioned macronutrients. Conventional wisdom recommends that you consume 60% of your calories from fats, 35% from protein, and 5% from carbohydrates. Not only are these targets customizable in this meal planner, but it also allows you to set a range instead of an exact percentage, which is much more realistic on a day-to-day basis. Flexibility is key to successful dieting.
- Track your caloric goals for the day, making sure you stay within your target. Again, the planner allows for a customizable range to be set, with a high end and low end. Beyond telling you if you met your goals or not, it will also display your total calorie count and what percent of your allotted calories were consumed, based on the mean between your high end and low end targets.
We love to share, so we’ve created two different ways you can get your hands on the Ketogenic Diet Meal Planner:
- Download the Ketogenic Diet Meal Planner as an XLS spreadsheet
- View the Ketogenic Diet Meal Planner as a Google Docs spreadsheet
Please leave thoughts and comments below. If you have any suggestions to improve the Ketogenic Diet Meal Planner, we would love to hear them!